I found this old post I had done on Blackadder and because I love that show so-so-so much I thought I must share it with you guys all over again:
1. It minds not me that you dress like a mad parrot and talk like a plate of beans negotiating their way out of a cow’s digestive system. It is no skin off my rosy nose that there are bits of lemon peel floating down the Thames that would make better Regents than you.
2. “You see, the ancient Greeks, Sir, wrote in legend of a terrible container in which all the evils of the world were trapped. How prophetic they were. All they got wrong was the name. They called it “Pandora’s Box,” when, of course, they meant “Baldrick’s Trousers.“”
“We are told that, when the box was opened, the whole world turned to darkness because of Pandora’s fatal curiousity. I charge you now, Baldrick: for the good of all mankind, never allow curiosity to lead you to open your trousers. Nothing of interest lies therein.”
3. Very well, I accept. A man may fight for many things: his country, his principles, his friends, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally I’d mud wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock, and a sack of French porn. You’re on.
4. To you it’s a potato, to me it’s a potato. But to Sir Walter Bloody Raleigh it’s country estates, fine carriages, and as many girls as his tongue can cope with. He’s making a fortune out of the things; people are smoking them, building houses out of them… They’ll be eating them next.
5. “Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see.”
“Yes…it’s the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation.”
6. Personally I thought you were the least convincing female impressionist since Tarzan went through Jane’s handbag and ate her lipstick, but I’m clearly in a minority.
7. I’ve no desire to hang around with a bunch of upper-class delinquents, do twenty minutes’ work and then spend the rest of the day loafing about in Paris drinking gallons of champagne and having dozens of moist, pink, highly experienced French peasant girls galloping up and down my – hang on…
8. Something is always wrong, Balders. The fact that I am not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle.
9. Ha! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear.
10. Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!